I don’t understand why movie studios have weeks like this one where they release next to nothing when they have way too much product scheduled for release the following week. This week we have one major new release that did very well during the Academy Awards, a sequel to a British spy comedy that no one seemed to think need to be made, a direct to video animated comic book film, and one of Gene Hackman’s final films before “retiring.”
Hugo- Being released in 2D and in 3D with the sole special features being five featurettes.
- Hugo Limited 3D Edition (3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Copy)
- Hugo (Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Copy)
Johnny English Reborn- While not as successful as 2003′s Johnny English this Blu-ray includes a number of special features for the die hard Johnny English fan:
- Feature commentary with director Oliver Parker and screenwriter Hamish McColl
- Deleted/extended scenes with introductions by Oliver Parker
- The Wheelchair Chase behind-the-scenes featurette
- Gag reel
- Blu-ray Exclusive featurettes:
- The English Files: The Making Of Johnny English Reborn
- Working With Rowan
- English In Hong Kong
- Includes DVD & Digital Copy
Justice League: Doom- Batman must rescue the members of the Justice League after he inadvertently made it possible for them to be defeated. As with most animated DC films the voice talent is good and early reviews have been positive. There are a number of special features including an audio commentary, documentaries, assorted featurettes, Justice League TV episodes, and a sneak preview of the next DC animated film. Also includes a DVD/Digital Copy.